Director - Data Science and Comp Biology
The Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research (NIBR) in San Diego is seeking an innovative scientist to lead the Data Science and Computational Biology unit within the NIBR Biologics Centre (NBC). The successful candidate will be an experienced leader in the field of data science and its application to biomedical research and will work within multidisciplinary teams to build and shape computational and machine learning infrastructures with application to the design of state-of-the-art biotherapeutics.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead a group of data science and computational biologists defining goals, directions and coordinating activities across global multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams.
• Evaluate, implement, and develop artificial intelligence solutions using in-house and public datasets to improve design and property prediction of novel biologics drug candidates.
• Build strategies and tools within the local and global digital infrastructures for data management and acquisition workflows for future data science applications.
• Communicate research results via internal and external presentations, scientific publications and/or project reports.
• Keep abreast of external developments in data science and bioinformatics and bring awareness to their application across the spectrum of drug discovery challenges.