Product Cybersecurity Analyst/Architect (Cryptography)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] target="_blank">Freedom 2 Save student debt program and [Register to View] target="_blank">FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our IL or TX location in Abbott Diagnostics IT Division. As the Analyst/Architec Product Cybersecurity (Cryptography) you will have the chance assisting and ensuring Abbott Product teams leverage appropriate cryptographic technologies that are compliant with industry standards and meet customer cybersecurity expectations. The Analyst Product Cybersecurity (Cryptography) will be a key point of contact for product teams across multiple divisions.
What You’ll Work OnPrimary Job Function
- Cryptography support for Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) products across multiple divisions/business units
- Management of software certificate lifecycle
- Management of PKI Hierarchy
- System administration of cryptographic applications and components
- Technical runtime support for cryptographic applications
- Cryptographic technical support for IoMT implementations and builds
- Establish and maintain medical device cryptography processes and operating procedures
- Maintain the relationship with vendors providing PKI services
- Support release of cryptographic applications used by IoMT products, to include:
- Development of cryptographic use case and requirements
- Perform and manage user acceptance testing
- Manage cryptographic deployment activities
- Collaborate with division R&D teams
- Develop and implement cryptographic solutions to address cybersecurity risks associated with the IoMT products
- Assist with integration of cryptographic operations into IoMT build processes
- Support management of the software certificate lifecycle, to include:
- Certificate segregation
- Automated certificate deployment
- Certificate renewal and revocation
- PKI Hierarchy definition
- Certificate Policy and Certificate Practice Statement definition and maintenance
- PKI vendor management
- Collaborate with operations team supporting the cryptographic applications, to include:
- Investigation of on-market issues and incidents
- Coordination of planned application outages
- Performing and managing cryptographic application checkouts
- Support cryptographic infrastructure elements, to include:
- PKI Hierarchy
- Business impact assessments and disaster recovery exercises
- Health monitoring of cryptographic platforms
- Platform upgrades and maintenance
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline
- 10+ years of experience with cryptography technologies and concepts
- 5+ years of experience working with cryptography support for IoT product development
- Strong understanding of cryptographic concepts: symmetric/asymmetric cryptography, secure hash, and digital signatures
- Familiarity with IoMT development and build support
- X.509 certificate technologies, processes, and documentation
- Experience with certificate lifecycle management
- PKI Hierarchy definition and management
- FIPS encryption standards (e.g., AES, SHA256)
- Familiarity with administration of cryptography applications
- Certifications such as CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CPP or CFE are a plus
- Strong verbal and written skills to interact with global teams and customers
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.