Market Access Associate Manager
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Chicago location in the Rapid Diagnostics Division.
The global market access landscape is rapidly evolving, and the role of market access stakeholders (e.g., payers, policymakers) is growing significantly around the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) has implemented elimination goals for the world’s most infectious and deadliest diseases, such as malaria, tuberculosis, HIV, and hepatitis. These diseases primarily affect low-and-middle income countries (emerging markets). Increased competition and constrained international funding and government budgets are increasingly putting pricing pressures on rapid diagnostic testing in these markets. To succeed in this environment, Abbott RDx created the Market Access function. This critical function demonstrates clinical, humanistic, and economic value for policymakers & payers with an overall objective to drive remarkable impact by achieving broad & timely access of Abbott’s lateral flow rapid diagnostics for people within the emerging markets.
What You’ll Work On
- The Market Access Associate Manager, reporting to the Director of Market Access, will be responsible for plans and execution to optimize access for infectious disease in emerging markets
- The role will have a tactical focus for both pre- and post-launch products, working extensively with the cross-functional global and regional teams
- Develop the global market access landscapes for infectious disease (HIV, HBV, etc.) in key markets, including funding & policy landscape, competitive landscape, etc.
- Map key Market Access stakeholders & influencers: Key payers (funders, governments, NGOs) & policy / guideline makers, KOLs, industry organizations, another stakeholders
- Assist in the development of key Value Propositions and Evidence Generation strategies, that enable market access and commercial success
- Proactively monitor market access trends and evidence to support the evolving value propositions of our key products
- Collaborate with HEOR to drive modelling and evidence to support the economic value of key products
- Work with cross-functional and regional teams within Marketing, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Regulatory Affairs, Government Affairs, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or related fields with Masters/MBA/PhD qualifications in Economics or Healthcare related fields
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably within Healthcare (diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceuticals)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources
- Strong project management skills
- Strong collaboration and team orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to foster strong relationships and collaborate functionally and cross-functionally
- Strong track-record of timely and high-quality project delivery
- Experience of thriving in a fast-paced and changing environment, ability to work under pressure.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.