The Retail Data and Analytics Engineering looking for an accomplished Prinicpal Architect with previous experience designing large real time systems consisting of transactional, analytical and big data components. The Strategy Architect is responsible for developing solution architecture, architectural blueprints, patterns, applying enterprise thinking to drive value beyond the current project and for delivering high quality estimates, design and project deliveries. The Prinicpal Architect will drive the architecture solutions that are consistent with enterprise standards. Interface with upstream system architects, developers and program managers to resolve data issues and drive capture of data needed by business customers. Evolve and support the basic tenets of good strategy architecture. The strategy Architect works on one or more projects at all stages of the system lifecycle (define, design, and build).
- Provide technical leadership in developing vision, strategy, architecture and overall design for assigned domain and for solutions.
- Lead teams, technical projects or programs, and has overall leadership responsibility for project architecture and design.
- Actively facilitate complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions and drives decision making process.
- Review and ensure architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and cost effective.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide overall Solution Architecture and define Data Integration Patterns’
- Define Architecture and Design for Microservices
- Proactively identify reuse opportunities.
- Articulate the tradeoffs, benefits and risks of all architecture and design solutions.
- Own strategy of: System monitoring, Capacity planning, Disaster recovery, Production implementation and architecture.
- This Role will bring a DevOps mindset to enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
-Develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions, and implement complex big data projects.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 12+ years of experience as hands-on architect in data warehouse, data engineering or customer MDM/CDP domain in both data and application space for enterprise projects.
• 4 recent years of experience in Big Query, Snowflake DB and Python on Azure or GCP; Comfortable with PL/SQL codebase
• 4 years of experience on Azure or GCP cloud solution architecture
• 4 years of experience solutioning in very high SLA non-functional requirements
• 2 years of experience in microservices or Kafka or Kubernetes is preferred
• 2 years of experience in ML Ops preferred
• Deep experience with reference architecture patters in various stacks
• Experience building automated big data pipelines
• Experience performing data analysis and data exploration
• Experience working in an agile delivery environment
• Strong critical thinking, communication, and problem solving skills
• Experience with big data frameworks (i.e. Hadoop and Spark)
• Experience working in multi-developer environment, using version control (i.e. Git)
• Experience with orchestrating pipelines using tools (i.e. Airflow, Kubeflow)
• Experience with REST API/Microservice development using Python
• Experience with deployment/scaling of apps on containerized environment (i.e. Kubernetes, AKS)
• Experience with technical solutioning and system architecture design
• Experience partnering cross-functionally with other technical teams (i.e. data ingestion, data science, operational systems) to align priorities and achieve deliverable outcomes
• Experience with setting coding standards, performing code reviews, and mentoring junior developers
• Experience overseeing project delivery by mentoring junior technical developers
• Previous healthcare experience and domain knowledge
• Exposure/understanding DevOps best practice and CICD (i.e. Jenkins)
• Exposure/understanding of containerization (i.e. Kubernetes, Docker)
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, or related field or equivalent experience
• Preferred: Master’s Degree with coursework focused on advanced algorithms, mathematics in computing, data structures, etc.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.