Pharmacy Technicians take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and always maintain patient confidentiality. Success for incumbents in this role includes being able to manage all assigned pharmacy workstations and tasks to support the team’s ability to fill patient prescriptions promptly, safely and accurately.
Responsible to receive product deliveries, pull and stage product for distribution, rotate stock, and coordinate activities with drivers to ensure shipments are accurate and deliveries are timely.
• Partner with function supervisor to coordinate workflow for assigned functions that prepare and process medications.
• May prepare medications by measure, mix, count out, label and record amounts and dosages of IV or highly regulated medications according to prescription orders following Long Term Care Pharmacy policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Assist with workflow coordination
• Rotate and work within assigned pharmacy workstations, to safely and accurately fill patient prescriptions all while providing caring service that exceeds customer expectations. Workstations include: Packaging, Staging, Returns, Receiving, Cycle Fill, Machine Packaging
• Responsible for preparing the finished prescription as well as other light warehouse duties.
• Responsible to receive product deliveries, pull and stage product for distribution, rotate stock, and coordinate activities with drivers to ensure shipments are accurate and deliveries are timely.
• Perform physical inventories.
• Sort all baskets from V2 according to facility units, location, and delivery times
• Scans all medication pending for delivery
• Prepares manifests and ancillary paperwork to correspond to appropriate nursing facility.
• Retrieve medication totes from PVII pharmacists that are to be scanned for delivery (STATs included)
• Check bins before delivery departure for missed meds
• During down times assist pharmacy floor for additional support.
• Scans manifests into system for confirmation of delivery.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Maintain and full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
• Maintain highest professional and ethical standards
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
• Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
• The ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted
• Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
• Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription
• Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
• Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
• Customer service orientation
• Prior experience in the long-term care industry
• Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
• Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
• PTCB National Certification
• Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.