Forklift Operator - Receiving $19.50 / hour - Altavista, VA Plant (3rd Shift)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott’s Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Altavista, Va., is Abbott’s largest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. But working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 670+ that works together to help nourish the world.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
This Warehouse Receiving position works out of our Altavista, VA location in the Abbott Nutrition Division.
What You’ll Work On
- Understand and properly utilize finished goods and raw material selection by using the Cambar/MITS system to support FEFO.
- Store, pick or assemble materials in the warehouse, verifying the commodity number, quantity, and release status and lot number.
- Check materials against packaging lists, invoices, freight bills or other pertinent documentation to assure conformity and accuracy.
- Store all raw materials in assigned areas within the warehouse.
- Prior to storing, remove all visibly damaged products and return it to the appropriate processing area.
- Properly label and receive raw materials into the MITs system.
- Stage labels and complete label control portion of work order.
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
Pay and Shift
The hourly pay for this position is 19.50 and is a 3rd shift position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to operate and obtain a forklift driver’s license
- Experience and understanding of a Warehouse Management System.
- Ability to efficiently using a personal computer.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.