Data Intelligence and Analytics Engineer – Specialist
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: [Register to View]
This position is for the Data Intelligence & Analytics Engineer – Specialist who will support, maintain, and develop analytics systems to ensure they meet the business’ needs and requirements across the Biologics site campus and network. The Data Intelligence Analytics (DIA) Engineer will work on a variety of projects in the areas business intelligence, analytics, machine learning, AI, and data visualization in line with the Predictive Plant Strategy. The role requires a creative developer that can think outside of the box and enjoys challenging projects. The role will perform ongoing support, design, development, and delivery activities related to data services, data analytics, and the application of advanced tools.
This role is passionate about the intersection of data and life sciences and should apply both data engineering, analytics, and software development skills to solve problems in this domain. The ideal candidate will effectively collaborate within the DIA Global Biologics team along with end user teams to understand requirements, to communicate status with site functions, and conduct necessary support, change, testing and implementation activities.
This role will routinely engage with cross-functional teams in the BMS network to provide support of innovative solutions within the framework of BMS Site and Enterprise analytics standards. Business areas of focus include Biologics manufacturing operations, process development operations, batch release activities, and process performance functions.
The role is accountable to maintain the systems to ensure High Availability, execute changes, upgrades, and incident management in compliance with all GMP procedures and requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with analytics applications and tools with the goal of monitoring, analyzing, gaining insight, and predicting based on biologics manufacturing and lab process data sets.
- Support and improve the robustness of existing tools and applications.
- Collaborate with the business stakeholders to learn the aspects of the Biologics and Bio-sterile business to develop analytic insight.
- Support and develop Machine Learning models based on the Business Intelligence & Predictive Plant strategic roadmap.
- Generate documentation including data dictionaries and pipeline documents.
- Provide administration support to site owned warehousing and analytics systems including system tuning.
- Upgrade existing systems as required to ensure they are current.
- Assist in building and maintaining data warehouse data integrations leveraging MS SQL Integration services and Python data engineering & science modules.
- Develop and Optimize SQL Queries leveraged by existing integration services, reporting processes and data analysis reports.
- Develop dashboards and visualizations for ongoing measurement and KPIs.
- Implement Database Schema designs and data pipelines.
- Maintain current reports in existing reporting platforms
- Profile source system data as needed to provide feedback for business requirements.
- Work as integral member of cross-functional team to gather and document requirements to meet business needs.
- Maintain validated applications in an audit ready state.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Data Science and Engineering disciplines preferred.
- 1+ years of work experience with data analytics involving biopharmaceutical production (process development and/or manufacturing technical support) or medical devices preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, presentation, verbal, and written communications skills
- Proficiency with current Python, Data Analytics and Visualization tools highly desired
- Experience with SQL, and Microsoft SQL server database administration desired
- Ability to learn and apply programming language such as Python, R, C#
- Knowledge of software engineering practices: Dev Ops, Source Control, Agile Methodology, ML Ops, Front-end or full-stack web development a plus
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and Big data
- Working knowledge of S88 and S95 standards preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and provide escalation when required.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.