The AVP, Member Experience - Medicare oversees Medicare’s overall Vision and Strategic Execution for the experience Medicare members have with Aetna Medicare. The AVP will be responsible for be achieving improvements and consistently high Member Experience Scores, which is critical to Medicare’s long-term strategy in driving growth in our business. The AVP will report directly to VP of Medicare Stars and Member Experience.
- Responsible for oversight of 6 Executive Directors. Each of these have teams underneath them to support this critical work. The total span of control will encompass a team of ~300 individuals.
- Responsible for driving a consistent annual 4+ Star performance in the Medicare Member Experience surveys (CAHPS) and increases to other key performance metrics around member experience (MEDS, NPS, etc.).
- Oversight of the investments and budget for member experience programs to ensure investments are optimized to drive strongest outcomes and meets financial targets.
- Execute successful delivery of member experience initiatives on schedule and budget with high quality. Ensuring cost-effective delivery of services and the ability to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Pro-actively manages relationships and works with executives across Medicare, shared service partners, MSO, PBM, Retail, and other key business partners to drive results.
- Applies expertise across functions within the business unit, or in-depth practical experience of several job areas within a function, combining theory, past practical experience and knowledge of business practices.
- Develop and direct short-term and long-range execution of Medicare Member Experience strategic and operational business plans and programs.
- Create, implement and monitor business plans to ensure achievement of goals and objectives across span of control.
- Directs establishment and implementation of service standards to ensure delivery of quality-focused, consistent cost-effective service and administration.
- Develop an organization that attracts, selects, and retains high caliber, diverse talent able to successfully achieve or exceed business goals; builds a cohesive team that works well together and across other business segments.
- Directs any activities associated with consolidation, reorganization, outsourcing or business transitions impacting Member Experience.
- Analyze and forecast key financial drivers and makes recommendations for adjustments to budgets and business plans through effective use of forecasting tools.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace by attracting diverse talent and leading a multilingual and multigenerational workforce.
REMOTE - working East Coast hours
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- 10+ years of operational leadership and/or member experience
- Strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills, including to senior level and/or C-Suite level executives
- Demonstrated experience as a respected and credible leader with success in leading cross-functional teams at various levels
- Evidence of strong operational and systems thinking skills
- Experience in rationalizing a current portfolio and decision making on stop/start/continue initiatives to deliver value
- Ability to use data to determine effectiveness
- Success in moving from current traditional strategies to new, modified approaches
- Experience in effectively simplifying and presenting complex information
- Deep knowledge of change management, root cause analysis, problem solving, technical project management, and resolving issues by implementing permanent resolutions
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.