Senior Design/Product Development Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Sr. Design/Product Develoment Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Santa Clara, CA location in the Abbott Vascular.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
What You’ll Work On
- Formulates and implements research and development programs, policies, and procedures required to support profitable growth.
- Interfaces with appropriate internal and external resources to ensure intellectual property is appropriately protected.
- Provides technical assistance for diagnosing design and manufacturing quality problems.
- Guides development and documentation of test plan protocols, standard operating procedures, specifications and test procedures.
- Participates in review boards for intellectual property, CAPA, complaints, business unit planning, and others as necessary.
- Reviews and provides functional approval for project and quality system documentation.
- Tracks and forecasts divisional and product and technology projects.
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, preferably mechanical, chemical, biomedical, industrial, or quality engineering; materials science, biochemistry, chemistry, physics or management.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Solidworks or similar CAD programs.
- Medical Device experience.
- Master’s Degree in a technical or business field is preferred.
- Understands FDA Regulations.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.