Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking for leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to join our team in Seattle, WA. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives- as we combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 4:00AM-12:00PM
Location: Swedish Cherry Hill– 550 17th Ave; Seattle, WA
- Perform supervisory duties for the hematology department in the Seattle core laboratory. Role includes personnel management and maintenance of quality functions within the department
- Supervise the day to day operations of assigned department
- Ensure laboratory tests are accurately performed and results are reported in a timely manner
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory personnel of the department
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate assay coverage
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
- Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
- Ensure all equipment is being properly maintained through Quality Control
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or a Science related major is preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a clinical laboratory
- Generalist technical and Lead or prior supervisory experience preferred
- ASCP and/or AMT Certifications asa Medical Lab Technician, Medical Technologist, or Clinical Lab Scientist are required
- Strong working knowledge of CLIA, CAP and relevant state regulations
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
- This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Pay Range: Salary: 66,000-125,000
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement between Dynacare Northwest, Inc. and United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 21. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 24 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), accrue up to 18 days of Annual Leave per year (includes 8 holidays) and Sick Leave (0.0333 hours of sick leave for each hour of work).
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .