Senior Scientist, PET kinetic modeler (R91609)
Our company is currently seeking a qualified PET (Positron Emission Tomography) modeler within the Department of Translational Biomarkers located at our West Point, PA site in suburban Philadelphia. This innovative team consists of chemists, imaging physiologists, PET modelers and other biological and computational scientists. The group currently has state-of-the-art PET radiochemistry facilities and imaging instrumentation (PET, SPECT, CT, MRI, and optical) for in vivo imaging in preclinical species.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and applying kinetic modeling strategies to analyze and interpret preclinical and clinical PET imaging data. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to develop appropriate solutions to overcome challenges associated with the discovery of novel radiotracers and applications of established PET tracers.
Duties would include:
- Collaborate with therapeutic area teams to identify, implement, and interpret PET imaging solutions to help drive drug discovery programs.
- Responsibility for the kinetic modeling and parameter estimation of PET and SPECT data from preclinical and clinical imaging studies including, including practical interpretation of the results.
- Contribution to PET study design.
- Contribution to imaging protocols in regulatory documents required for clinical PET studies.
- Presentation of research results and writing of manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in a discipline relevant to PET tracer kinetic modeling
- Expertise in quantitative kinetic modeling of CNS (Central Nervous System) PET data and interpretation of kinetic modeling results.
- Experience processing PET Image data, including image registration.
- An ability to develop appropriate solutions to overcome challenges associated with PET tracer kinetic modeling
- A published record of successful research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary for working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional working environment.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced research environment.
- Ability to work independently.
Preferred Experience and skills:
- Experience with study design oriented to characterize selectivity, specific signal, tissue/plasma kinetics of novel PET tracers.
- Practical experience with MATLAB as a programming tool for image analysis.
- Experience with multiple image formats (e.g. nifti, dicom, ecat, etc.).
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with [Register to View] all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
[Register to View] to request this role’s pay range.
Current Employees apply [Register to View]
Current Contingent Workers apply [Register to View]
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please [Register to View] if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1