Director, HealthSystems Strategic Assessment Team (R132789)
Our Market Access team monitors population demographics and develop solutions to give patients access to our medicines. We act as both educators and advocates for our products, processes, and practices that help us revolutionize how our medicines create value in society.
This role is responsible for leading the cross functional understanding of the sub-national HealthSystem customers across the globe to contribute to the activities associated with developing an integrated global market access strategy. Incumbent will leverage the value potential of our Company’s products and align to health priorities of customers to deliver value-based care (better care at lower total cost).
This is a player/coach role, taking on specific project team responsibilities for select products, as well as manages a team of direct reports who are assigned other areas of the portfolio. The candidate will direct the team to partner with the Regional Market Access Leaders to identify priority markets with sub-national variation and robust care delivery data and execute customer archetypes and system of care assessments to enhance our Company's ability to demonstrate value and expand/ accelerate access to our products.
Based on the assessments, the candidate will oversee the design and training of the strategic assessment framework and associated tools for global, regional, and country stakeholders. They will drive the results of these assessments into the integrated access strategy development process in an iterative manner.
Using the above assessments and framework, the incumbent and the team will engage with all relevant internal global functional areas (CORE, Policy, Medical Affairs, Marketing etc.) to ensure enhanced and aligned. Understanding of the sub-national HealthSystem customers and development of integrated global market access strategies as well as commercial strategies.
In addition, the incumbent will explore and identify cross-franchise/ portfolio-wide opportunities aligned with the customer’s needs.
The primary activities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the HealthSystems team to implement the strategic assessment framework by leveraging sub-national HealthSystem archetyping and system of care assessments to maximize market access strategy development and execution across our Company portfolio at both the global and local level.
- Develop strategic assessment frameworks and tools to access our customers "system of care" and expand the reach, achieve scale across the Human Health portfolio.
- Build internal awareness and gain support across senior level commercial leadership
- at the global and country level while building internal partnerships across divisions inclusive of our Human Health, Research & Development, Manufacturing and Global Public Policy divisions.
- Identify and engage external partners and stakeholders to support the analytical framework with the expectation of informing health policy decisions inclusive of government agencies, key academic/scientific thought leaders and other industry influencers.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: Master’s degree in business administration, health policy, or health economics
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years’ experience with market access, marketing, health economics, or health policy in the pharmaceutical industry (in more than one area preferred)
- Foundational knowledge of the Global Access environment.
- Ability to navigate the rapidly evolving landscape impacting timely access to our company’s products.
- Demonstration of strategic thinking, planning, and execution.
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- People Management skills with ability to build future leaders and engage a diverse multi-generational workforce.
- Requires approximately 25% travel, including some weekends
- Knowledge of Change management principles.
- Knowledge of exploratory Data Analytics - Example: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) etc.
- Developing global business strategy, New Product or Scientific Strategy.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply [Register to View]
Current Contingent Workers apply [Register to View]
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please [Register to View] if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1