At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Receive, store and issue the raw materials, packaging components and operational supplies used to support manufacturing operations. Handling samples of materials used to conduct testing or special assignments. Performs shipping and Inventory Cycle Count functions in supporting other warehouse operations and plant needs. This position must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives purchased materials (raw materials, supplies, packaging components, narcotics, and dangerous substances), makes visual inspections to the cargo, verifies (by counting and / or weighing) proper identification and records the information in the inventory control systems(s).
- Maintains and generates transactions in the SAP environment and handles damaged / shortages / excess / or missing orders following the Materials Damages & Claim Procedure.
- Removes the samples to be used for analysis of raw materials and packaging components received and the samples used for re-evaluation of the existing materials.
- Stores materials as per applicable status, according to the current GMP’s and keeps working areas clean and organized. May perform applicable pest control process (fumigation).
- Transfer material from warehouse to Production lines and / or receive back-to-stock materials from / to the warehouse following the current procedure.
- Keeps data in the inventory control systems (manual and /or computerized) update and accurate, including the freight containers inventory. Participates in Cycle Counting process as per Inventory Control Procedure. Prepares physically materials for shipment and ensure that materials are correctly picked for shipping, as per their applicable status and according to the current GMP’s and loading of trucks.
- Operates and maintenance the warehouse equipment (Radios, Forklift, etc).
- Handles and disposes properly rejected material, dangerous goods, potentially dangerous goods and regulated hazardous waste into a designated on-site disposal facility of interim container.
- Contributes in the revision of procedures, and in executing daily plans effectively in coordination with the area supervisor or designee.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of warehouse functions (Receiving, Storage, Cycle Count, Physical Inventory, Dispatching, Shipping, forklift, hand truck, waste disposal). in a pharmaceutical industry
- One (1) year experience in the operation of material handling equipment.
- Fluent in oral and written English and Spanish. Able to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions in both.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Computer use knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant governmental regulations, cGMP’s and guidelines
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotary shifts, weekends and holidays.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS /SKILLS
- Heavy work (25-60 pounds) that requires eye-hand coordination and moving about capacity.
- Requires movements of objects such as lifting, carrying; pushing and pulling. It involves body movements such as handling and fingering.
- Removes trailer jacks from parked containers.
- Replace plastic roles (40 lbs.) from wrapping machine.
- Lifts and moves pallets.
- Climb stairs, ladders and works on high altitudes (over 24’ high ranges)
- Passes eye physical exam test
- Typical working conditions: 60% standing, 20% walking and 20% sitting.
- Planning, analyzing, calculating work related data
- Can work under some stress conditions
- Notify immediate supervisor of any inconsistencies of violations to company operation procedures and policies.
CONCENTRATION AND VISUAL EFFORT
- Careful attention in handling/completing documentation and in record keeping processes is required to avoid delays in planning/manufacturing schedules and improper disbursement to suppliers.
- Ability to detect discrepancies and aptitude for analyzing data detecting inconsistencies, determining relative importance and referring to the area Supervisor or designee
- Precise data entry of documents.
DECISION MAKING / LATITUDE
- Self-starter, possess initiative.
- Follows procedures in the performance of activities such as receiving, sampling, storing and overall handling of raw materials, packaging components WIP and operational supplies.
- Continuous interaction with the planning, manufacturing, packaging and operational areas.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperature.
- Irregular work hours, rotary shifts, weekends and holidays, when necessary.
- Handle and/or transport potentially hazardous materials.
- Connects electrical cables into 440 volts outlets; electric forklift trucks are also connected at 36 volts.
- Special gowning as defined and required in the Manufacturing and required areas.
- Must follow cGMP’s and perform job in a safe manner by:
- Inspecting equipment prior to usage
- Use Safety shoes
- Use Safety Glasses, head protection (when required), hear protection (when required)
Use or work with the following equipment:
- Wrapping Machine
- Electric Hand Pallet Movers
- Man lifters
- Weight Scale
- Pallets Inverter
- Temperature / Humidity recording device equipment
- Gloves and Jacket
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.