Principal Equipment Engineer - Secondary Packaging Columbus, OH (30967403)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead on Front End Planning (FEP) activities for the filling and packaging equipment scope on multiple concurrent medium- to large-size projects and programs within the global Abbott Nutrition network (Americas, Europe and Asia) – determining provisional scope, design, manufacturability, cost, capital, risk and schedule considerations while working with cross-functional teams.
- Understand the business needs of the company and develop a thorough knowledge of the customer and clinical needs to prepare project scopes. Incorporate business foresight of emerging technological trends, applying technology in innovative ways.
- Serve the global organization as a Subject Matter Expert in secondary packaging. Develop and gain alignment on procedures and standards within internal, cross-divisional teams.
- Independently execute, and direct others in the execution of, the design of processes and equipment by applying novel engineering concepts and techniques within the discipline. Benchmark internally and externally to investigate and recommend such designs.
- Design and conduct testing to evaluate new technologies and equipment changes as part of the technical roadmap.
- Provide technical support to Abbott Nutrition global production network including existing system issues as well as design improvements/new designs as part of continuous improvement, and act as a technical influencer to senior leadership and stakeholders for business initiatives.
- 25-50% travel is expected as part of the role.
- Interface frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Provide effective communication through verbal and written reports as a technical influencer to senior leadership and stakeholders for business initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Preferred 10+ years of relevant experience.
- B.S. in Engineering required or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A technical background in high-speed manufacturing filling and secondary packaging equipment (food, nutraceuticals, health care, pharmaceutical, or similar industries)
- Experience in large capital/expansion programs with direct design responsibility
- Familiarity with plant control software, including PLC and SCADA/Delta V systems. Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.