Manager, Drug Product (DP) Automation Engineer - Vaccine
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical role in the management of manufacturing information systems to improve manufacturing success rates and ensuring zero down time.
As a Manager, your planning skills will help in preparing forecasts for resource requirements, and providing areas of improvement for products, processes or services. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies. You will be able to take a cross functional leadership role to facilitate agreements between different team.
It is your dedication and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Following standard operating procedures and standards in a highly regulated environment.
- GMP verification protocol generation and execution
- development of new and follow existing standard operating procedures and programming guidelines
- Design, develop, deploy and test our automated processes, systems and equipment. Contribute substantially to the interpretation of results and the design of subsequent activities.
- Maintain and support automation computing infrastructure.
- Provide 24x7x365 support of our automation systems.
- Responsible for system-wide system compliance, perform business owned system support responsibilities and provide technical leadership for our systems.
- Adhere to safe work practices and develop standard operating procedures and system support documentation.
- Clearly communicate progress and issues to management and peers and finalize report writing for test protocols.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field such as Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science + 10 years of relevant work experience or Master's degree with 7 years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in Automation Engineering
- Experience with process controls equipment and Network Hubs including design and debugging skills
- Understanding of systems architecture and operations, and related components
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Teams
- Good Organizational skills and can meet project task deadlines
- Proven ability to work in team environment and contribute as a team member
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to change
- Ability to communicate technical issues to management and customers in an effective and understandable manner.
- Excellent project management, presentation and communication skills
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience.
- Rockwell/Siemens/Wonderware/OSI PI experience
Office and plant environment.
Keyboarding, lifting, standing, bending, walking.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Weekend and off hours work required, some overtime.
Supporting 24/7 operation – on call coverage.
Adhere to safe work practices
Some travel (including international) required (Approx. 5% of time)
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: April 30, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE