Process Scientist/Engineer II - 1st Shift (4828621_Andover)
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer's mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.What You Will Achieve
As a member of the Pfizer Drug Substance and Active Biological Ingredients (ABI) team, you will work with others to be accountable for activities involved in the production of many of Pfizer's products. In your work, you will help to determine the manufacturing methods, procedures, and tooling requirements for products, as well as designing the tools and planning production sequences in accordance with continuous improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, and other Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Your work will help Pfizer in its mission to focus on innovation, creativity, and respect for patients, colleagues, and society.
As a Senior Associate, your knowledge and skills will contribute towards the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing important deliverables on time. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will make it easy to manage difficult issues and help in establishing consensus between teams.
It is your dedication and hard work that will make it possible for Pfizer’s customers and patients to receive the medicines they need, when they need them.
Contribute to the completion of projects and manage own time to meet agreed targets.
Understand the fundamental business drivers for Pfizer and make decisions within organization's guidelines and policies.
Execute relevant process activities by following established Standard Operating Procedures. [Site specific information to be added, e.g. including protein purification or cell culture operations, solution formulation, and equipment preparation]
Serve as technical support within your assigned group, collaborating with outside groups as needed.
Serve as the operations point of contact for campaign start-up with roles in technology transfer, site assessment, generation of cGMP documentation, area preparation, process execution, and summary reporting.
Coordinate area clearance and product changeover within manufacturing process.
Help in process monitoring including real time review of process parameters and process data/trend analysis.
Communicate process performance across shifts and departments.
Implement process enhancements and measures, and assist with the implementation of new technologies.
Support procurement and validation of new equipment and technologies.
Provide support during audits and with audit observation closure.
Conduct skills training and provide subject matter expertise for training materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of relevant experience required
- Good verbal communication and ability to coach and provide guidance to others
- Computer literate, with skills in Microsoft Applications, and process tracking software
- Able to work individually and in a team environment
- Master’s degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Science or Engineering field of study preferred
- Continuous Improvement or Project Management Certifications
- Previous experience in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Familiarity and experience with mammalian cell culture, centrifugation, and ultrafiltration
- Daily routine may require moving heavy equipment, standing for long periods of time, and/or walking throughout the suite including up and down stairs.
- Must have the ability to lift ~50 pounds.
- The incumbent needs to take the necessary safety precautions when working with pressurized systems, steam and/or corrosive chemicals.
- The incumbent is required to attain detail knowledge of the operational equipment.
- The incumbent will be required to solve problems regarding site assessment, specific units used in Biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- The incumbent must be able to express ideas into SOPs, MFRs and be able to use a multitude of programs including Excel, Word, Power Point, etc
This role is primarily 1st shift, 6am – 6pm on a rotating 3/2/2 schedule or Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. May be required to work outside of primarily scheduled shift to support business needs.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package: No
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE