Senior Electrical Engineer
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing detailed, technical, robust design solutions in support of capital investment to expand site electrical infrastructure and enhance the reliability of power plant electrical utility systems, including combined heat and power CHP turbines, diesel generation, medium/low voltage distribution, UPS system/distribution, and associated controls.How You Will Achieve It
- Provide technical engineering support to develop scope of work, project execution plans, and associated engineering studies for equipment / component installation, modification, replacement, in accordance with site specifications.
- Review and upgrade project specifications and drawings for electrical construction work. Work with representatives, architects, and consultant engineers to develop optimum cost and benefits to the utility and building systems for new construction and renovation projects.
- Assist with implementing strategies and methods that improve preventive maintenance processes and procedures resulting in enhanced equipment performance.
- Provide technical support for equipment and process improvement initiatives using good engineering practices, simple & advanced problem solving techniques.
- Perform/support a variety of Field and Customer activities including data collection, one-line revisions, and electrical system analysis.
- Drive Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), with good engineering practices and problem solving techniques.
- Support proactive reliability assessments including data collection, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), HAZOP analysis and process improvement initiatives. Leverage data to optimize PM plans and materials of construction for robust asset performance.
- Provide good judgment and innovation by utilizing and adapting a broad knowledge of engineering principles and practices acquired through progressive experience.
- Lead and coordinate Facility / Utility Shutdown efforts to complete planned preventive / corrective maintenance and capital projects to improve asset reliability.
- Promote safety operation and design within the workplace by following site safety procedures and perform proactive safety assessments, foster a safe work culture.
- Strong desire to be a part of a team focused on achieving amazing results.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience is required.
- Experience in Electrical, Plant Utility systems design and layout for: Electrical, Standby, Emergency and UPS Power Systems, System Grounding and Lightning Protection, Low Voltage Distribution System and Lighting.
- Experience working underground electric distribution and medium-voltage substations
- Experience in master planning, design, installation, and operation of central utility systems
- Experience in Electrical Power Studies, Voltage Drop, Over Current Device Coordination Studies, Arc Flash Hazard knowledge.
- Experience and understanding of all applicable electrical and energy codes, i.e. NFPA70E, NEC, NEMA, IEEE, UL, LEED, etc.
- Candidate must be able to work as a team across functional areas such as operations, maintenance.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, are required.
- Working knowledge of automated systems with ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to read and generate documents such as One Lines and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Ability to communicate effectively with site leadership, stakeholders, plant partners, engineers and maintenance persons.
- Ability to shift priorities according to changes in departmental/facility needs and be open to different ideas/approaches.
- Be highly motivated, show initiative, and work well independently or in a team environment.
- Software skills in using computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to analyze equipment failures using personal knowledge and internal and external resources.
Must be physically fit and mentally alert at all times. Must be able to frequently walk up and down stairs, ladders, etc. on an on-going basis, in an industrial plant and/or construction site setting. Must be able to utilize ladders, scaffolds, high-lifts, and enter/work in confined spaces. Required to wear personal protective equipment where necessary.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering