EHSS Manager, Industrial Hygiene (IH) (R-131011)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
EHSS Manager, Industrial Hygiene (IH)Live
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will support the Industrial Hygiene program at Amgen Thousand Oaks (ATO) within the ATO Manufacturing and Clinical Supply organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation, coordination and advancement of existing and emerging IH programs and initiatives. This individual will contribute to broader EHSS programs and help drive a culture of caring and performance excellence.Job scope and responsibilities:
- Inspect and evaluate work operations, production methods to identify potential chemical and physical hazards. Ensures engineering and other controls measures effectively prevent staff exposures
- Establish and implement annual Exposure Control plan to ensure risks are adequately mitigated
- Conduct IH Assessments of high hazard material and potent compounds ensuring controls are implemented when needed
- Partner with EHSS and clients to develop and implement IH program elements.
- Collaborate with Occupational Health as needed and assists other EHSS client representatives with Industrial Hygiene issues and concerns
- Prepare reports detailing sampling findings. Participates in follow-up investigations to ensure that corrective actions are implemented
- Interpret, apply, and implement compliance with Federal, State, and local requirements
- Integrate identified trends, data and information into overall program plans, deliverables and recommendations based on data
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation to satisfy audit requirements
- Provide training as needed to staff
- Act as EHSS client representative for site functions as assigned providing health and safety services to client groups and mentoring them on EHS management system and culture maturation
- Act as the site subject matter expert for job hazard assessment reviews, New Product Introductions, and other risk assessments.
- May implement and support various technical safety programs and other tasks as assigned
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Environmental Health & Safety professional we seek is a hardworking, creative, and professional individual with proven ability to integrate safety and health requirements into the business with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master’s degree and 3 years of industrial hygiene, biosafety and industrial ergonomics' experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of industrial hygiene, biosafety and industrial ergonomics' experience OR
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of industrial hygiene, biosafety and industrial ergonomics' experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of industrial hygiene, biosafety and industrial ergonomics experience
- Strong understanding of laboratory and biologics manufacturing operations
- Strong industrial hygiene, biosafety, and industrial ergonomics experience
- Knowledge with regulations as they pertain to pharma/ biotech operations
- Applied knowledge and understanding of EHS principles and practices, regulatory standards, and requirements in context of business activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, achievement oriented, self-starting, program development and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.