BioPharm and NA Vaccines Sites Procurement Director (309543)
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a , we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
The BioPharm and NA Vaccines Sites Procurement Director role is a large and highly complex role with annual spend oversight of c £400M (including Direct Materials, Facilities, MRO and Capex).
In this role you will be responsible for leading the Site Procurement Teams across all 4 BioPharm sites and the 3 North America Vaccines sites for manufacturing-related categories of spend (Directs & Indirects). The role is accountable for the quality, service/ supply risk and cost of all materials and services procured for these manufacturing sites.
This role is a key member of the BioPharm and Vaccines Sites Procurement Leadership Team with responsibility for developing and implementing Procurement strategies to deliver competitive value for GSK. This role is the business partner to the BioPharm Vice President and is required to manage and influence many senior stakeholders’ enterprise-wide.
The role will lead a team of over 10 Procurement professionals located across 7 sites in North America and Europe, supporting the fastest growing business lines of new GSK.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Accountable for the quality, service/ supply risk and cost of all materials and services for the manufacturing sites in scope.
- Accountable for business partnering with the BioPharm Vice President. The role holder is required to manage and influence many senior stakeholder’s enterprise-wide.
- Accountable for ensuring that the key requirements of Procurement of both Supply Chains are built into the relevant Category Procurement strategies and delivered.
- Accountable for building organisational culture and capability, optimising resource allocation across the sites in the supply chain and implementing effective consistent operations/ ways of working. Accountable for attracting, developing and retaining a strong talent base.
- Accountable for ensuring ideation with the Sites of new value creation projects (innovation, savings, quality, service/ supply risk) and for partnering with them for optimal OTIF delivery. Accountable for involving suppliers in this as appropriate.
- Accountable for some Regional/ local buying and owning sourcing strategy development and implementation and vendor relationship management for this portfolio.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with Procurement and other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Accountable for ensuring contract coverage for locally or regionally owned spend.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- University Degree in Procurement/ Supply Chain/ Engineering/ Science/ Business/ Finance or equivalent
- Significant professional Procurement experience in a comparable large, complex company
- Strategy development and implementation; strong value creation capability
- Strong stakeholder management and strategic influencing skills
- Demonstrated decision making capability
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management
- Demonstrated transformation and change management capability
- Understanding of legal / compliance / regulatory frameworks
- Extensive external supplier and market knowledge
- Thorough understanding of contracting fundamentals and experience with contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance
- Experience in team leadership capabilities and experience with motivatating and inspiring colleagues and work in partnership with others to co-create value and drive implementation
- Demonstrated capability to build team capability and accountability for increased performance
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated capability to create a healthy, engaged and inclusive working environment that is sustainable over time
- Demonstrated capability to act as a role model, ensuring that the organisation’s work is in line with GSK values, with patients at the heart of everything we do
- Strong communication and messaging skills
- Strong capability to drive accountability
- Strong business and financial acumen, as well understanding of manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with key clauses in a contract and knowledge of different types and applications of contracts
- Demonstrated capability to set and communicate a clear & compelling vision that shows each person in the organisation how their work contributes to delivering GSK’s strategy
- Demonstrated experience of working cross-functionally with highly geographically and culturally diverse teams with significant remote management
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.