Clinical Research Procurement Manager (309529)
Are you energized by a role in Procurement with a focus on Clinical Research, that allows you to leverage technology to accelerate efficiency and best practices across the business? If so, the role of Clinical Research Procurement Manager could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Clinical Research Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for managing the workflow of third party resources supporting the Full Service Outsourcing needs of the business.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Support strategy development for the procurement of Full-Service Outsourcing designed to ensure high quality of services and ensure GSK's competitive position
- Conduct sourcing of CRO services for individual clinical trials; business partnering, developing business requirements, conduct RFPs, enable supplier decisions negotiate costs and contracts with suppliers, contract management and manage life cycle of outsourcing throughout study duration
- Collaborate within team and key stakeholders to deploy strategies globally/regionally, facilitated by robust implementation and transition plans
- Generate value in terms of quality, delivery, and cost, contribute significantly to organization's goals and objectives
- Plan, execute, interpret, maintain, and monitor negotiations across the applicable categories of spend
- Deliver quality, compliant, timely, well-specified agreements to generate a clear return on investment for GSK
- Know the sourcing group management process and policies, assess risk, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Implements procurement strategies to maximise supplier leverage
- Research, evaluate and select suppliers
This role would suit an individual from the following background: R&D Procurement, CRO (e.g., Bidding/Proposals/Pricing Manage) or Study Managers who have led and managed outsourcing processes.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Experience with clinical research procurement or outsourcing
- Experience with stakeholder and supplier relationship management
- Experience managing global/regional projects with consideration to diverse LOC needs and regulation
- Experience influencing strategy and managing across multiple geographies and supply chains
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree in Business or related discipline
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use negotiation and conflict resolution skills to protect GSK rights and interests
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple projects using project management skills
- Proven ability to provide effective procurement management in complex organizations using technical expertise and analytical skills
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0[Register to View] , or send an email [Register to View] site.