Pharmaceutical Maintenance Mechanic
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Position responsible and accountable for the mechanical diagnosis, analysis and repair of pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or packaging process equipment which could include but is not limited to: tablet presses, coaters, blenders, mixers. Provide mechanical preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance duties in Pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging process as well as related utilities. This position must comply with all Security Guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations, SOP’S and the current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Performs daily preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance to mechanical equipment related to manufacturing and/or packaging process, utilities equipment and ancillary controls (HVAC, Steam, Compressed Air, etc.).
- Performs basic instrumentation, electrical and computerized systems troubleshooting and repairs.
- Performs proactive preventive maintenance (PM) and planned activities as per schedule or planner requests, complying with deadlines and timely documentation of the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Maintains tracking of daily job assignments and documentation to comply with departmental objectives and goals reaching expected key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Selects and recommends spares and necessary parts for stock purposes in order to minimize process downtime in replacement activities for existing and new equipment.
- Attends and completes (in the electronic training tool) all coordinated regulatory and non-regulatory trainings.
- Performs other maintenance equipment duties as requested such as:
- Participates in equipment modifications, rearrangements or minor projects.
- Supports manufacturing validations activities.
- Provides mechanical support to manufacturing, packaging and utilities projects.
- Performs any other activity when required based on business needs, not necessary on the assigned area or area of expertise.
- Associate Degree in Industrial Mechanics Technology, Instrumentation, Electronics or Tool & Die Degree
- 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical industry with proven mechanical experience
- Knowledge of mechanical, instrumentation, electrical and electronics concepts and its relationship to the following manufacturing equipment or their auxiliary systems
- Basic knowledge of programmable logic controller (PLC) technology, behavior and interpretation of schematics
- Capability to interpret mechanical, electrical and PLC drawings and diagrams
- Proven mechanical experience in manufacturing and/or packaging equipment and ancillary systems
- Familiarized with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Knowledge on basic instrumentation troubleshooting that can include but is not limited to: motors, pumps, transmissions, transmitters, gages, recorders, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanic and/or instrumentation situations on process equipment
- Knowledge in personal computers with exposition to: Microsoft (Windows, Words, Excel and Power Point)
- Should read technical English and equipment manuals
- Willing to work overtime, rotate and /or alternate shifts, as per business needs
*This is a 3rd shift position
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.