Manager, Medical Information
Medical Information (MI) is a global customer-focused group within Worldwide Medical and Safety that is responsible for responding to unsolicited inquiries regarding Pfizer products and/or devices. Expectations of this role include, but are not limited to, researching and preparing responses for medical inquiries, as well as interfacing with and supporting Business Unit(s)/Product(s)/Therapeutic Team(s) and global colleagues by providing medical information, product training, and analysis of inquiry trends to support departmental and company objectives. The scope of responsibilities is Local, Regional and Global in some instances.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for MI on responsible product(s) and associated therapeutic area(s)
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge of MI work and processes as well as good understanding of other internal stakeholders
- Researches and analyzes scientific information to answer escalated MI inquiries taking into consideration labeling differences between countries
- Creates, maintains and optimizes local, regional and global MI document collections by ensuring that responses are medically and scientifically accurate, timely, fair balanced, innovative, and meet customers’ (HCPs and patients) needs
- Ensures the availability, accuracy, and maintenance of medical content via digital channels, such as MI country websites (HCP and patient), and performs search optimization for ease of content identification by customers
- Collaborates with Global colleagues to ensure an open exchange of product information, business intelligence and best practices
- Actively participates and interacts with medical colleagues and cross-functional team members to ensure sharing of insights and data and assists in the management of product issues/crisis
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders where applicable to ensure MI work is aligned within the scope of Pfizer Medical and Pfizer business as a whole
- Proactively seeks and takes appropriate risks to advance new solutions to improve MI processes and responses and to resolve problems
- Ensures that the frontline personnel have the necessary product-specific training and resources to appropriately meet customer needs and expectations
- Facilitates the development and maintenance of formulary-related documents in support of improving access to state Medicaid and managed care formularies in the US
- Provides guidance in the revision process for regulatory changes in Part III of the Product Monographs for Canada
- Serves as a core member of Medical Review Committee for assigned product(s) to ensure alignment and consistency of proposed medical communication materials with MI content provided to external parties (e.g., Scientific Response Documents) and identify the need for new MI content or updates to existing content
- Provides guidance for the appropriate use of scientific evidence by reviewing materials developed by external compendia (e.g., Medical Letter, MediSpan, treatment guidelines, etc.) -Participates in local and/or Regional projects/initiatives as needed
- Supports key scientific conventions/congresses through participation in meeting’s preparation or post-congress involvement with cross-functional teams, as well as staffing of MI booths during congresses
- Maintains compliance with country, regional, and global training requirements on standard operating procedures (SOPs) and local laws, regulations and marketing practices
- Provides an MI perspective on the development and revision of SOPs, implementation guidelines (IGs), and work instructions (WIs) as necessary
- May act as a back-up medical reviewer of promotional material in Canada
- BS in Pharmacy, B.Pharm. Masters or PhD, PharmD, or MD strongly preferred. Degrees from other medical and health science disciplines also considered.
- Possesses solid skills at critically evaluating literature and writing/summarizing clinical and scientific data
- Demonstrates effective relationship management and customer orientation
- Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates good analytical skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Effectively deals with ambiguity and adapts quickly to change
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills with local, regional and global colleagues
- Works independently on moderately complex projects
- Able to effectively work and collaborate in a virtual work environment
- Demonstrates an innovative mindset, continually looking for opportunities to improve efficiency
- Proficiency with computer and software applications (i.e., Microsoft office), experience with MI systems used for information requests and content management, and skilled at utilizing medical literature and drug information databases
- Candidates with pertinent industry-related experience and/or post-graduate specialty/residency or fellowship are desirable.
- 1-3 years of medical information experience preferred
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Role may require travel to NA offices in New York City, Collegeville, Lake Forest and/or Kirkland for regional department meetings, team meetings, and/or meeting with internal stakeholders.
May also require travel for key scientific congresses.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: April 10th, 2022
Additional Location Information: New York, NY; Collegeville, PA; Lake Forest, IL; US - Remote; Quebec, Canada
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Medical#LI-PFE