Associate, QC Operations (R1551101-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is seeking a remarkable Quality Control professional to join our QC STAT team. As our QC Associate, you will be performing QC testing in support of biologics bulk drug substance manufacturing using defined methods in a cGMP compliant laboratory. The QC Associate assures test results are accurately recorded and abnormal data or equipment/instrument malfunctions are promptly reported to his/her supervisor.
- Excellent opportunity to join the Pharmaceutical Industry
- The QC STAT AM team works a 12-hour shift (5AM to 5PM) with rotating work days across a 2-week period (36/48). Occasional overtime might be required (Time and a half payrate)
- Shift Differential- 5% added to payrate.
- Performs routine testing and data review of in-process and batch release samples of Bulk Drug Substance in a cGMP compliant environment.
- Performs routine assays such as UV-VIS Spectrometry, titer, utility testing, personnel and environmental monitoring, Total Organic Carbon testing, and more complex assays including various HPLC methodologies (e.g., sialic acid).
- Performs broad range of troubleshooting techniques and leads such within area of expertise.
- May train on additional methodologies, and provides support to a broader spectrum of testing responsibilities when applicable.
- May write and revise SOPs for managerial review and approval.
- May train less experienced analysts on basic and some more complex test methods.
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a BS degree, preferably in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 0-2 years of experience in a Biologics QC laboratory or related biopharmaceutical cGLP or cGMP lab. (Academia/Industry)
- Demonstrated experience with basic laboratory techniques and analytical test methods such as UV/Vis, HPLC, TOC, and protein purification (Highly preferred.)
- Knowledge of lab software applications (e.g., LIMS, ELN (LES), Empower) (Nice to have).
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory standards and industry best practices to working in cGMP laboratories/ environment.
- Excellent manual dexterity including proficiency in aseptic techniques desired (Nice to have).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team, to complete assignments within defined time constraints.
- Demonstrates problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
BMSBL, BMSBLDMA, VETERAN
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.