Senior Data Engineer II (31008473)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Chicago, IL, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer II. This would be a Mid-level role in the Big Data Advanced Analytics group of the organization. This role will assist/lead in development of data platforms, business solutions, and proof of concept to assist the big data team in realizing business goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Expertise - Collaborate with Abbott employees and partners to develop/enhance big data platform architectures using Databricks/AWS/Azure.
- Solutions – Advise and guide technical engineers on engagements. This includes participating in on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating solution proposals and creating data service offerings.
- Mentor Jr Data Engineers in their day to day activity.
- Work closely with SMEs for building data pipeline from structure and unstructured data sources.
- Work on newest tools and technologies to achieve results - Scala, Spark, Databricks, AWS, Azure.
- Demonstrate high degree of analytic agility to meet fluid and dynamic business needs.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience covering the entire software lifecycle in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience in any data analytics solution component from AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in any of the listed technologies/languages - Python, Scala, Spark, Hive, HBase, Hadoop, YARN etc.
- The candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering team
- Knowledge on Databricks.
- Experience with Python, R, Spark, hive, HBase, Hadoop, YARN etc. will be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to prioritize and triage deadline-driven tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, actionable manner
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.