Senior Scientist, In Vivo Coordinator
Pfizer’s Rare Disease Research Unit (RDRU) is focused on developing therapeutic solutions for patients with rare disorders, including those associated with central nervous system (CNS), cardiac, and metabolic diseases. We are seeking a laboratory-based Senior Scientist to be part of an interdisciplinary team to execute preclinical studies in support of Pfizer’s small molecule and gene therapy portfolio. This individual will have oversight of the in vivo evaluation of next generation gene delivery vectors for the treatment of CNS diseases. Individuals with expertise in in vivo management of studies with different routes of administration, with specific expertise in drug delivery to the CNS are highly desirable. The Senior Scientist will work independently in the laboratory and serve as a member of cross-functional and collaborative project teams. In addition, the individual will use their scientific judgment in making decisions within their area of expertise, proactively gather input from colleagues and develop novel processes to ensure efficient and timely execution of the team’s deliverables.How You Will Achieve It
- Screening small molecule and gene therapy constructs for biodistribution, target engagement and efficacy in rodent and non-rodent species
- Design and execute preclinical studies in NHP in collaboration with partner lines
- Provide oversight and leadership for in vivo studies across the RDRU pipeline.
- Partner with other Pfizer Research and Development teams, especially those in drug metabolism and safety to develop translational preclinical packages with the goal of identifying gene therapy drug candidates.
- Work with external collaborators and Contract Research Organizations as needed to support program goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in a life sciences field with at least 10 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 8 years of experience, or PhD with at least 3 years of experience.
- Scientific training and background in rodent
- Hands-on experience with designing and executing preclinical studies with different route of administrations
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience supporting a multidisciplinary project team including generating high-quality data in a time-sensitive environment, assimilating new information from multiple sources, and effectively communicating with internal and external scientists.
- Creative, self-motivated and the ability to work independently including analysis and troubleshooting of experimental results and reviewing literature to formulate new approaches.
- Industry-based experience
- Experience with gene therapy and biodistribution
- Experience and expertise working with models of neurological diseases
- Scientific training and background in NHP models
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development