Sr. Director, Digital Health Lead (R1551833-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Digital Health Lead has the responsibility to develop, lead, and implement digital health strategy and programs in a specific Therapeutic Area (TA) within Global Drug Development (GDD). This individual will be an ad hoc member of the TA leadership team and will work closely with development teams within the therapeutic area. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop integrated and actionable global TA strategy for digital health such as data, design and digital (3D) initiatives; digital apps, digital medicine and algorithms to support the TA portfolio, taking into account the unique requirements of the disease area and the TA portfolio, in a highly collaborative manner working with the therapeutic area head, functional leaders, IT and BD partners.
- Define why, when, and how the TA should pilot and scale digital health programs - and when it should not. Establish areas of unmet need and problems which can be best solved through digital approaches; define use cases and value proposition for development investment, keeping in mind enterprise priorities such as acceleration of clinical trials, patient centricity, diversity and inclusion, simplification and efficiency, and others.
- Provide digital insights into the asset clinical development plans
- Create and refine an effective path and process from strategy to execution that considers options such as internal development as well as external partnerships.
- Support enterprise-level digital innovation by leading and participating in digital initiatives and business development efforts; serve as a digital ambassador to define the needs of the TA and facilitate adoption of applicable pan-TA digital innovation tools within the TA.
- Challenge the status quo to adopt new approaches. Embody a collaborative leadership mindset, subject matter expertise, and willingness to listen, share, educate, and learn from a cross-functional team.
- Bridge the gap between the traditional pharma capabilities / processes and the digital health / technology space.
- Serves as single point of accountability for digital strategy for a specific TA
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the disease area and the TA portfolio. Serves as an ad hoc member of the TA leadership team and other TA governance such as PRC.
- Delivers high quality digital strategies which have the potential for improved patient experience, better patient outcomes, or accelerates clinical programs
- Leads collaboration with cross-company experts and utilizes advisory groups and governance bodies to define, revise, and champion digital asset development strategies and implementation plans within the TA
- Communicates and collaborates with senior leaders, functional area stakeholders, and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of digital program strategy and operational plans with functional area capabilities (including IT)
- Maintains external focus and builds relationships with thought leaders, physicians, and patient advocacy groups in the field of digital health. Is recognized internally and externally as an expert in the field. Attends relevant conferences and stays current with the literature and market trends.
- Provides leadership in Health Authority and other external engagement relating to digital health
- Brings vision and breadth of drug development expertise including working knowledge of the drug development and commercialization process, and leads integration across functions (e.g. commercial, clinical, operations, regulatory, medical etc.)
- Navigates complex and dynamic internal and external healthcare environment; brings a broad understanding of domestic and international issues relative to digital health within the TA
Qualifications & Experience
- MD, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree of relevance in digital medicine
- 10+ years of experience in the drug development process and leadership experience in academic or industry setting
- Expertise in leading digital health programs at a Health Tech (startup) or a pharmaceutical company is desirable
- Successful track record of leading through influence and working across complex, global organizational matrices
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.