Production Operator - Night Shift (4835147_Rocky_Mount)
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
The Production Operator is responsible for performing any combination of the following: prepares, processes, inspects, and packages commodities and/or finished product. Monitors and responds to basic functioning needs of area equipment, i.e. line speed, feeding product, line clearances, loading or unloading materials. This person is expected to adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements.
- Perform various functions of a highly repetitive nature while maintaining concentration of task.
- Adhere to all gowning/uniform requirements in assigned area.
- Keep accurate records and production logs, as well as complete batch records as required.
- Process, inspect, and/or package commodities thru various processing stages.
- Operate minor assembly type machines in or out of clean room type environment.
- Operate forklift and/or pallet jack.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Drug Agent (CDA) certification is required and can be obtained once in the role.
- Ability to comprehend and respond to verbal and written instructions/plant documents.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work independently or in groups effectively.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
Stand up to 10-12 hours per shift, twist at waist 20 times per hour, regularly lift up to 35 pounds per activity 20 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum of 50 pounds per activity 10 times per shift, occasionally may lift over 50 pounds with assistance, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders/walk on catwalks, repetitive use of upper extremities.
Use computer terminal 2 hours per shift, respond to visual warning indicators, respond to audible indicators, respond to color or special visual indicators, work around moving equipment, work on knees occasionally, wear specialized protective clothing, wear PPE (safety shoes/glasses/etc), work in hot or cold environment, work in hearing conservation area.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work one of the following 2nd or 3rd shift types on 8 or 12 hour schedules or similar:
- 6 pm - 6 am or 7 pm - 7 am on a 12 hour 3/2/2 rotating schedule
- 8 hour shift 11pm - 7am or 2:00 pm to 10:00pm.
- Must be flexible to work outside of regular schedule/overtime if required to support business needs.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing