Senior Director, Data and Analytics Architecture (4835912_Tampa)
Pfizer Architecture and Digital Innovation Lab organization is responsible for translating the Pfizer Strategy into innovative products and digital, data, and technology business solutions for our customers, partners, and colleagues. The team leads the strategic efforts in creating an enterprise architecture and
master plan that ties together our experiences, data, workflows, capabilities, applications, integration, and back end services in a cohesive way that strengthens the Pfizer brand, drives speed, and powers innovation.
The Senior Director, Data and Analytics Architecture, leads an organization responsible for enterprise data and analytics architecture, providing thought leadership and architecture services for all aspects of data and analytics across the company, including data platforms, data services, advanced analytics, reporting, data visualizations, master data management, knowledge engineering, real world data, data acquisition, and integration.
The Sr Director leads cross-functional enterprise-wide strategies for data and analytics, in partnership with Advanced Analytics, Platforms, Data and Learning Creation Center and other Pfizer Digital and business groups. He/she expands the organization’s data and analytics offerings, with focus on
emerging analytical approaches, skills, and technologies to drive value from Pfizer data assets and enable business innovation.
- Lead an organization responsible for enterprise data and analytics architecture, providing thought leadership and architecture services for all aspects of data and analytics, including data platforms, data services, advanced analytics, reporting, data visualizations, master data management, knowledge engineering, real world data, data acquisition and integration.
- Lead cross-functional enterprise-wide strategies for data and analytics, in partnership with Advanced Analytics, Platforms, Data and Learning Creation Center and other Pfizer Digital and Business groups.
- Expand the organization’s data and analytics offerings, with focus on emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies to drive value from Pfizer data assets and enable business innovation.
- Initiate and oversee strategic efforts to identify, develop and host data and information services that reach across domains, support reuse of internal and external data, and build trust in data and analytical information, improving data access and usability to accelerate scientific and business insights.
- Lead a team of data and analytics architects responsible for research, analysis, design, and delivery of data and solution architectures to support business strategies and priorities across all Pfizer business functions.
- Understand emerging industry and innovative technology trends to effectively prioritize and
practically apply existing, new, and emerging technologies to harness insights and value from Pfizer’s internal and external data.
- Develop and promote modern architectural approaches that encourage data and value exchange with partners and customers, digitization of processes, business connectivity, and partner collaboration.
- Perform an involved advisory role on large complex analytics initiatives. Provide leadership in building consensus on approach and provide technical execution oversight. Identify and mediate conflicting requirements among solution stakeholders.
- Partner with the Innovation Lab, Enterprise Platforms, Infra Architecture, and Functional Architecture Practices to identify, scale and reuse target data and analytics innovations, platforms, and technologies. Establish practices, processes, and platforms, working horizontally across Digital to govern and operationalize new technologies to enable their broad
and effective use across Pfizer.
- Lead and provide oversight on data, application, and technology lifecycles, from emerging technology assessments through to renewal or retirement.
- Cultivate technical expertise and champion and enable learning, adoption, reskill and reuse across Digital.
- Mentor, coach, guide and grow architecture team members and other Digital colleagues, creating a strong collaborative engaging cross functional team culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and 10+ years of related pharmaceutical or healthcare experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of architecture leadership roles in design, development, and execution in a global organization.
- Strong business acumen, deep knowledge of Pharma and life sciences, and ability to stay abreast and incorporate innovative and existing technologies
- Deep expertise in data and analytics, with experience in data services and reporting, data acquisition and integration, advanced analytics, data visualizations, master data management (patient, physician, profiles, registries), knowledge engineering, big data platforms, real world data, clinical, operational reporting, sales and marketing analytics, and/or manufacturing operations and forecasting.
- Exceptional strategic thought partner, ability to lead in strong co-creation and collaboration with Digital and business partners across Pfizer.
- Demonstrated ability to bring creative ideas and drive digital innovation, leading with the customer in mind; has exceptional judgement about which innovations to pursue; able project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Experience across multiple internal and external data domains and architecture environments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent and build effective teams. Excellent communication skills and the ability to indirectly influence key partners and stakeholders.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech