Brand/Product Manager (31011325)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing on strategic global marketing plans for Abbott’s stroke prevention portfolio within the Structural Interventions franchise. This includes activities that drive commercial growth and clinical & competitive marketing campaigns that drive commercial success of the products in a manner that highlights differentiation and value, as well as the creation of short- and long-term market development plans. This “product growth champion” will be a steward of our stroke prevention portfolio – including the Amplatzer™ Amulet™ LAA Occluder and the Amplatzer™ Talisman™ PFO Occluder – and a product representative to our internal regional marketing partners and external stakeholders/customers from around the world. You will be located at either our Santa Clara, CA or Plymouth, MN location.
- Create product launch plans and develop marketing collateral required to support sales and drive key messages.
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns to promote product differentiators and marketing messages.
- Generate competitive analysis, and clearly define product positioning, key issues, strategies, and target audiences for effective competitive blunting initiatives.
- Define and execute on the therapy development plans and associated campaigns/initiatives supporting the top two highest growth products of the Structural Interventions product portfolio – Amplatzer Amulet LAA Occluder and Amplatzer Talisman PFO Occluder.
- Conduct new or distill existing market research of referring physicians and patients to identify referral barriers and how to accelerate pathway to referral.
- Identify drivers of growth, and develop multichannel commercial tactics in partnership with geographic commercial teams.
- Create awareness and education tactics to target referring physicians and patients.
- Work with cross-functional partners in Clinical, R&D, Regulatory, Regional Marketing and field partners to leverage successful marketing and sales programs, develop new programs and ensure initiatives have impact in the operating year.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing Communications team to manage external agencies and freelancers to develop best-in-class channel marketing plans and tactics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or similar major
- 5+ years of product marketing, including market development, within medical device or similar industry
- Strong analytical skills—ability to distill complex and varied information and translate into digestible strategies and campaigns with measurable results
- Creative thinker – enjoys exploring and executing on new ways of solving problems
- Strong influence management skills—effectively influences a wide variety of geographies/cultures across the globe, as well as functions, including regulatory, sales, marketing, R&D, clinical and other cross functional partners
- Ability to use conflict resolution skills to achieve results in a matrixed organization
- Excellent communication skills—comfortably connects with physicians and internal stakeholders from various functions and geographies
- Strong team player—ability to work as a key member of the global marketing team who is accountable to the global marketing team, as well as the product division and geographical marketing.
- Strong leadership skills—ability to function as the marketing “lead” on therapy development
- Project management skills—ability to manage complex projects and programs, as well as pull the appropriate level, functional and geographic functions together to support initiatives and deliver on-time results
- Understanding of global medical device advertising and promotions regulatory process
Preferred (our “Nice to Have”, but we will still encourage you to apply if you don’t have those)
- Knowledge of cardiovascular disease, physiology and products
- Knowledge/experience with customer and referral base—interventional cardiologists, stroke neurologists, electrophysiologists
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.