Data Science Report Writer (Systems Analyst) (4120)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • TrustThis is a Temp to Hire opportunity.
Looking for a Data Science Report Writer with 2-3 years reporting experience with PowerBI or other similar related BI reporting tools (Tableau, QlikView, Oracle Analytics, Business Object, Cognos Impromptu). This role will require supporting the current legacy reporting system building, enhancing and maintaining standard and customized reports of varying complexity. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate knowledge/skill with reporting logic and functions. Provide expertise in developing PowerBI dashboards and migrating existing reports to a new BI tool.
- Education: MS or BS in Data Science and/or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 2-3 years of data analysis and reporting, working with BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView, Oracle Analytics, Business Objects or Cognos Impromptu). PowerBI preferred. Cognos Impromptu would be a plus.
- Experience in Python or other data science tools.
- Strong SQL skill set with the ability to write select statements, joining across multiple tables and subject areas. Working with various granularities of data, to create reports that accurately summarize data to the correct level of detail.
- Good working knowledge of relational databases preferably in Oracle and/or SQLServer.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to summarize and understand large amounts of interrelated data
- Ability to identify problems/performance reporting issues and recommend solutions, with the ability to rewrite reports if needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with management
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams comprised of business analysts, report writers, developers and business groups
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team
- Excellent computer skills particularly related to Microsoft Office applications#LI-VP1
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary