AUTO FOLDER GLUER OPER - 3rd Shift, New Oxford, PA
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
- Responsible for all activities associated with running a specialty folder gluer including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
- Set-up machine accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, scoring, folding, and print. Also the proper placement/application of the glue.
- Ensure finished boxes are properly stacked for unitizing and/or palletizing.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Train the assistant and helpers with job duties on the machine.
- Cross-train on other machines.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Lean Enterprise and Quality Data.
- Notify supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Switch duties with assistant operator as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Lifting up to 45 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice, both during the week and weekends.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, with varying temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift traffic.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- 2 months experience in the finishing department
- Prior operating/leadership experience
- Ability to work within a team, effectively communicating with members, and work independently.
- Ability to follow instruction and execute written and verbal instructions.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School