FLEXO ASSISTANT - 3rd Shift, New Oxford, PA
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Flexo Assistant in our New Oxford, Pennsylvania facility for 3rd shift.
- Responsible for all activities associated with assisting in running the flexo including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
- Set-up rails and print section on flexo accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Inspect all printing plates before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Check anilox rolls for damage.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Assist Operator with job duties on the machine.
- Cross-train on other machines.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Switch duties with Operator as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule.
- Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must frequently lift up die weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Ability and willing to work overtime on short notice, both during the week and weekends.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, with varying temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift traffic.
- Good attendance and timeliness.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- 2 months’ experience as a Press Department Helper.
- 2 months’ experience in the Press and Finishing Department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, effectively communicating with members.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School