MAINTENANCE CONVERTING - TAMPA
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking applicants for a Maintenance Mechanic and Electricians position in our Tampa, FL facility located at 1450 Massaro Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33619
Pay Rate: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour ($30.00 - $45.00 per hour, overtime rate for hours worked in excess of 40 per week)
Shifts: 3rd (10PM - 6AM)
Competitive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Retirement Contribution, Life Insurance, Gainsharing Bonus, Vacation, Holidays,
PCA provides up to 100 paid training hours per year to help technicians advance through the progressive skill levels and achieve higher pay.
Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides a tool stipend (or replacement) to help technicians maintain basic hand tools. PCA provides all special and heavy tools.
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair, rebuild, replace mechanical, electrical, PLC, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on all plant equipment and facilities.
- Use maintenance knowledge to increase productivity, decrease downtime and waste.
- Work with a sense of urgency to respond to machine downtime events.
- Will be required to complete in-house training programs to develop equipment specific maintenance skills. The position may also require attendance at external training that may require occasional overnight travel.
- Must be able to follow all safety and company policies that include lock-out tag-out procedures.
- At least 1 year of experience successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Must have knowledge and experience with repairing and maintaining mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC systems and industrial equipment.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- Must have own basic tools (PCA will provide specialized tools and an annual tool allowance).
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Technical degree and/or comparable experience in successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and equipment; particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00