FULFILLMENT LEAD PERSON - 1st Shift, Hanover, PA
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
- Evaluate and prioritize daily workload, directing the activities of up to 35 individuals for maximum production efficiencies.
- Read spec books and direct work of line to execute production jobs to customer requirements.
- Must use computer system to perform various tasks, including but not limited to consuming correctly.
- Lead and motivate production workers to maximize efficiencies.
- Identify bottlenecks and barriers in the production process and work to make modifications to remove/reduce inefficiencies.
- Responsible for overall quality of work on the line, performing line quality checks and completing all required documentation.
- Troubleshoot problems with line damages, quality paperwork, packing, missing product, systems issues, as needed.
- Train and coach other personnel on process and procedures.
- Must perform counts and verify quantities on product coming to the line.
- Must read and understand lot codes on incoming products, verifying goods coming to the line, and accurately apply the principles of lot codes and lot code changes to work tasks.
- Must reconcile paperwork at the end of shift, ensure accuracy of all required paperwork, and appropriately resolve errors.
- Notify Production Manager of personnel, product, production, or quality related issue.
- Consistently meet the expectations and efficiency goals outlined by management.
- Able to trace load tags when invalid.
- Assist with setting up production lines.
- Demonstrate understanding of the inventory process and ensure all tasks related to inventory are executed to expectation.
- Adhere to all safety and work rules, company policies and procedures.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to count, recognize numbers and number sequences.
- Ability to work in production environment, with varying temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift traffic.
- Must be able to properly utilize computer system.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
- Experience in assembly/fulfillment environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, effectively communicating with members.
- Ability to lead and motivate other individuals to perform tasks.
- Ability to prioritize work for maximum efficiency.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School