Principal Firmware Engineer - Solon, OH (842276900)
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Brand OverviewPosting AddressPosition Overview
Provide technical leadership and active involvement in the overall firmware development of Aclara products, from top level architecture to low level code of individual functional components. Participate in the development of project plans including establishing requirements, schedule and cost, testing, assigning responsibilities to team members, review and evaluation of code and other deliverables produced by the team. Participate in product deployment and provide leadership in resolving support issues. Function as technical lead when required.Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the establishment of product and system use case and requirements with other departments in the organization
- Develop project plans including cost estimates and schedules for firmware development tasks
- Develop firmware functional specifications and requirements documentation
- Design, coding, test, and defect resolution along w/ related documentation for micro controller based product firmware
- Lead and participate in product development technical reviews
- Create, maintain and champion structured firmware development processes
- Develop new techniques and apply existing techniques for designing, developing and testing high reliability firmware.
- Develop unit and integration test requirements, methodologies and processes
- Structure and management of source code repositories and build processes
- Design for re-use in all aspects of the firmware development effort
- Guide engineers through proper firmware design processes for high reliability firmware
- Supervise the work and tasks of other engineers on project teams
- Take an active role in the analysis and resolution of manufacturing and field issues
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Ten (10) year’s aggregate Engineering experience in which may include graduate thesis work
- Ten (10) years’ experience in analysis, design, coding, and testing C/C++ code for embedded systems
- A minimum of 3 years’ leading a development effort
- Experience with embedded operating system RTOS’s
- Working knowledge of hardware design and operation, bench tools and debugging
- Highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record of delivering results
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Team oriented with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of others
- Good written, visual and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Advanced Engineering Degree
- C++, Python Language Development Experience
- Experience w/ Embedded Linux, Rust
- Electronic communication systems background
- Experience working with RF/Wireless systems
- Development of high volume, high reliability firmware based products
- Project estimation/tracking experience.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, IPv4/6, Bluetooth LE)
- Working knowledge of security for embedded devices
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented design and methodology (C++/Java)
- Ability to develop support applications for test automation, utilities, etc.
- Perform formal Root-Cause Analysis to troubleshoot and resolve top issues
- Advanced engineering degree
- Experience in the utility industry
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.