Lean Manufacturing Leader - Fenton, MO
The Lean Manufacturing Lead is responsible for the leadership and execution of our continuous improvement objectives. In this hands-on role, this person will lead the effort to support operations by implementing and sustaining Lean Manufacturing processes aimed at improving line efficiency/process optimization, product quality, labor utilization, layout optimization and operating costs for both existing and new products. Responsibilities also include strategic process improvement projects, training, equipment selection and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles throughout the manufacturing process. Contribute to and assist with Continuous Improvement/Kaizen activities throughout HES.
- Identify, plan, manage and execute continuous improvement actions that reduce cost, cycle time, and lead time while increasing safety, quality, and repeatability.
- Organize and coordinate Kaizen activities, including the planning and execution of Kaizen events/teams which includes the collection and preparation of proper prerequisite data for each kaizen event. Monitor and report on 90-day sustainment of Kaizen event improvements.
- Evaluate and execute time studies to establish engineering labor standards and routings.
- Prepare standard work documents for new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Lead projects and working teams to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close projects.
- Train employees on Continuous Improvement techniques as needed to assure complete familiarity and ease of use. This includes Principles of Lean Manufacturing, Takt Time, Standard Work, 5S, Standard Work Cell Layout, Value Stream Mapping and other Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Implement and monitor sustainable daily performance management programs throughout the plant, including schedule adherence, and other shop floor reporting.
- Coach, Train and develop manufacturing support team to establish and ensure achievement of HES goals.
- Monitors, measures and communicates the status of the processes and coordinates actions for their improvement.
- Support plant-wide Safety initiatives.
- Be a point of contact with external entities regarding lean Manufacturing.
- Share best practices across manufacturing locations and support their implementation as appropriate.
- While based at a manufacturing location, this role will support HES Segment level activities as assigned
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year Lean Manufacturing leadership experience (Lean certification is a plus) including facilitating kaizens.
- Time Study and labor standards experience.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Facility layout optimization experience desired.
- Communication at all levels.
- Experience with automation applications and implementation a plus.
- Hands on, driven, analytical, results-oriented, customer-centric, self-starter with strong change management skills that enjoys leading diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and projects over a wide range of priorities.
- Able to work with all levels of operational and professional staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer operation (MS Office 365, with proficiency in CAD and Visio a plus).
- Complex ERP system experience (SAP Preferred).
- Data Analysis (Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, MiniTab).
- Able to prepare clear and succinct presentations.
- Time study tools.
- Multilingual desirable (English Required).
- Must be able to stand/walk 10-90% of work day.
- Occasional lifting required (up to 40 lbs.).
- 25% - 50% travel
EducationBachelors Degree in Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.