Industrial Refrigeration Engineer (R-31915)
JOB TITLEIndustrial Refrigeration Engineer
Shift allowance 46% (£16,093.85)
Cold store allowance £250
25% Benefits Envelope: £12,598.61
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
The role is based in Gloucester, home to the production of the country’s beloved ice-creams such as Magnum and Wall’s!
Your role will be to ensure the production facility is operating at optimum speed and efficiency producing excellent quality product by maintaining, repairing and improving the site services.
- Safety – Ensure all work carried out is in adherence to the company safety policy
- Quality - Assist in the identification of critical control points across the site and that they are able to be inspected according to QM procedures. Ensure that these requirements are included in the maintenance schedules.
- Problem Solving – Fault finding and being able to quickly get to the root cause of the problem
- Communication – Communicate problems, solutions and options clearly and succinctly
- Flexibility – Flexible in proactively supporting other areas of the factory when priorities demand
Key working relationships include other engineers, maintenance technicians, shift technicians, maintenance manager
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Proven practical multi skilled experience in maintenance/engineering
- Experience of working within hazardous areas including working with ammonia and nitrogen would be advantageous
- Ability to fault find on electrical, mechanical and pneumatic machinery
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money.
In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.