Manufacturing Maintenance Intern (2200016H_South_Portland)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (Nasdaq: TXN) is a global semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, tests and sells analog and embedded processing chips for markets such as industrial, automotive, personal electronics, communications equipment and enterprise systems. Our passion to create a better world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors is alive today, as each generation of innovation builds upon the last to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable – making it possible for semiconductors to go into electronics everywhere. We think of this as Engineering Progress. It’s what we do and have been doing for decades. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Are you looking to start a career at one of the leading semiconductor companies in the world? Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Intern to join our team.
As a Manufacturing Maintenance Intern, you will have an opportunity to put your mechanical skills to use in a real-world environment. The internship will be 3-6 months and give you the opportunity to shadow and learn to perform vital preventative maintenance on semiconductor factory equipment in the cleanroom. In this role you will be working compressed work week which includes automatic daily over time - comprised of 12 hours, 14 days a month
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Learn to execute scheduled maintenance work adhering to the approved best-known method for all tasks completed
• Track and assemble all parts required to complete maintenance ahead of time
• Complete the qualifications required to bring equipment fully out of maintenance and into production stage
• Track critical data from performed maintenance to define improvement opportunities for optimal performance
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• Mechanically inclined
• Strong interest in and capability of performing mechanical and maintenance activities on tool sets
• Commitment to working via a highly standardized set of instructions is required
• Effective teaming skills
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.