Tugger Operator (2022-18941)
(2nd & 3rd Shift include Shift Premium)
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries has immediate openings for Tugger Operators the Waller, Texas location located at 19001 Kermier Road, Waller, Texas 77484. The Tugger Operator is responsible for receiving, transportation, delivery and handling of all material received and distributed throughout the warehouse and manufacturing areas. This will include all administrative actions associated with the proper maintenance of appropriate records, the proper receipt and verification of incoming and outgoing materials, the delivery of such goods to the proper storage location or point of usage, and the periodic verification of inventory levels. Follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">http://careersatgoodman.com and submitting your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.—an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Companies included are [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Quietflex, [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Motili and [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">TMI.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to operate a Tugger safely and work in a fast-paced warehouse/manufacturing environment
- Ability to successfully process (ex: Basic Loading and Unloading) factory transfers
- Must be able to handle material in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to use WMS and scanning equipment
- Must be able to learn PKMS and WMS systems quickly.
- High degree of attention to surroundings required to prevent injury to others / equipment and ensure on-time movement of machines and materials without causing damage
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision while meeting expectations including safety, quality and on-time requirements.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Be able to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Good English communication skills, ability to read and write in English
- Be dependable, work well in a team environment and promote safe work environment.
- 0 – 1 years of experience as an industrial tugger
- Experience working in a large scale manufacturing environment is preferred
- High School diploma or GED.
- 16 hours of tugger in-house training and certification is required
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
- High volume manufacturing environment with forklift traffic.
- May have higher noise volume in areas – hearing protection required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.