Management Accountant (220001S7_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments is searching for a well-rounded Cost Accountant to join our finance team and be a key business partner to operational management.
As a Cost Accountant, you will analyze and monitor raw material inventory, as well as analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing budget costs to actual production costs, including product margin reporting and analytics.
The TI Worldwide Accounting Organization is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Management Accountant to be responsible for a variety of accounting compliance, financial reporting, and internal control activities supporting management, investors, and our internal business and support entities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Drive accounting compliance (GAAP, SEC, TI Policies and Procedures), accuracy and financial integrity
- Timely, accurate execution of all accounting activities, including monthly close, inventory & costing, journal entries, appropriate cost classification and assessments, and financial reviews
- Partner with business unit teams and internal partners to drive financial excellence
- Drive compliance and accounting excellence while providing management with insights for improved processes and decision-making
- Prepare and present periodic reviews to management and internal partners
- Continuously seek process improvements, including but not limited to automation, efficiency and accuracy enhancements
- Independently assess need and appropriateness of adjustments to the general ledger, such as inventory reserves, capital and expense accruals, NRE (non-recurring engineering), prepaids
- Support inventory costing cycles and understand the cost build-up of devices; perform impact analysis of costing changes on inventory and gross margins
- Participate in quarterly and annual audit activities including S-Ox testing
- Participate on project teams aimed at innovation, cost reduction, and increased efficiencies
- Support contract accounting requirements (including licensing, cost tracking & reimbursement, royalty implications, inventory tracking)
- Provide proactive assistance, guidance and direction to finance, accounting and engineering teams for R&D matters (and other accounting compliance matters)
What You’ll Gain in this Role:
- Ownership and responsibility of accounting activities within a business, manufacturing, or support entity
- Strong business acumen and opportunity to drive financial excellence across all functions of the entity
- Understanding of TI’s manufacturing process and technologies
- Deep understanding of accounting rules, policies and processes across TI
- Exposure and visibility to leaders through presentations on financial position and compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree
- 1+ years of professional work experience in relevant area
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with large ERP system (SAP); modern data analysis and collaboration tools (Spotfire, WDesk)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC regulations, internal control environments, and S-Ox
- Professional certification a plus
- Technical knowledge of accounting principles, US GAAP, SEC regulations, and managerial cost accounting
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve; big picture thinking and ability to strategically analyze/tell a story with data
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills; ability to work under broad direction and prioritize according to urgency or change in business environment demands
- Ability to influence and collaborate across broad levels of management and functions
- Strong understanding of internal control environment and S-Ox
- Excellent organizational, strategic and critical thinking skills
- Clear and effective communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, inclusivity, innovation, a healthy competitive mindset, and be results-oriented
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.