Customer Operations Representative
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments is looking for an energetic, service and results oriented individual to join our sales operations team. Sales Operations supports all facets of customer operational needs including Customer Operations, Asset Management, Forecasting/Tools, and Pricing Execution. The Customer Operations team is focused on eliminating barriers to achieving annual revenue plans by driving optimal backlog coverage and proactive order management. The Customer Operations Representative role is responsible for working with assigned customers, Business Units, and Field Sales teams in order to meet these objectives.
What You Will Gain From this Role:
- Ability to work in direct collaboration with business partners, strategic customers and sales teams to eliminate revenue disruption and drive supply chain improvements
- A unique understanding of how TI transacts business with our customers to allow orders and critical information to flow seamlessly
- Knowledge and exposure to various functions and business processes within TI including but not limited to Sales, Planning, Logistics, Receivables and Credits and Asset Management
Business Summary: Americas Sales Operations supports Customer Operations, Asset Management, Sales Forecasting and Tools, and Pricing. The Customer Operations team is focused on eliminating barriers to achieving annual revenue plans by driving optimal backlog coverage and proactive order management. The Customer Operations Representative role is responsible for working with customers, business units, and sales teams in order to meet these objectives.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Eliminate barriers to achieving revenue plans by driving optimal backlog coverage, in close partnership with the customer, Business Unit Finance & Operations and Field Sales
- Define and implement strategies to eliminate Backlog vs. Shipment variance and Customer Request Date (CRD) vs. Estimated Ship Date (ESD) gaps across assigned accounts
- Gather customer supply chain intelligence; utilize with Business Unit Finance & Operations to assist business forecasting and anticipate disruptions
- Ensure backlog coverage while validating backlog integrity
- Analyze backlog vs. shipment variance and Customer Request Date (CRD) vs. Estimated Ship Date (ESD) gaps to identify root causes; define and implement strategies to eliminate future variance and prevent gaps
- Build a strong business relationship with the supply chain community at each account, and develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer’s procurement methodologies
- Identify weaknesses in supply chain for each customer; determine and implement optimal supply chain solution for each site/program/device
- Understand customer’s end business markets, utilizing this knowledge to assist business forecasting and anticipate disruptions
- Increase customer satisfaction by acting as a customer advocate within TI in support of supply chain scorecard metrics and initiatives
- Monitor and enforce TI terms and conditions including change order windows, forecast liability, and inventory freshness
- Identify and implement process efficiency improvements to decrease Customer Operations workload
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain management, Finance, Accounting or other business-related fields
- At least 2 years of experience in Finance or Operations preferred
- Motivated self-starter capable of multi-tasking, establishing priorities, and working effectively within a cross functional team
- Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders critical to success, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly ramp on new tools and process'
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of planning Systems and global manufacturing operations
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.