Systems Integration & Test Engineer
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Testing Services Department is responsible for the delivery of varies MSI projects test programme for the verification and validation of Network, products and Operational Services.
Please note - this is a 12 month fixed term contract role (employed).
The System Integration and Test (SI&T) engineer role is:
- To scope, plan, manage and deliver test activities for all the latest Public Safety System software / hardware enhancements to support MSI programmes.
- To coordinate and conduct testing against Airwave’s Network / Reference System and at customer sites as required.
- To execute testing following the test governance process, document the test results. perform fault diagnostics and drive resolution.
Principal Duties/Key Accountabilities:
- Implementation of the test strategy; test planning including scheduling, resources, configuration and equipment to support the activities required to deliver testing within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Adherence to Airwave’s test policies, processes and standards.
- O&M of test environments for which responsibility is held, ensuring all test equipment is ready for use and any defects are rectified.
- Ensure readiness for customer witnessed test events.
- Timely delivery of quality test documentation and reporting including test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports.
- To have a thorough understanding of customer requirements and the test basis to ensure contractual obligations are satisfied and customer acceptance is achieved smoothly.
- Management, co-ordination and execution of test activities to a level of quality expected by the public safety community.
- Manage local test schedules and deliver as per milestones.
- Accurately record test results and any observations ensuring actions are fully documented.
- Support, coordinate and conduct fault diagnostics and the resolution of test related issues to level 2 and 3. Liaising with colleagues, customers and suppliers as required
- Ensure testing is conducted in the most efficient manner without compromising on quality and timescales.
- Chair test meetings as required including TRR and TRMs.
- Provide recommendations to enable decision making and report any risks associated with testing.
- Support handover to delivery and/or in-life support:
- Accommodation of short notice requests and changes to planned Schedules/workload.
- Provide weekly / monthly reports.
- Delivery of VV&T activities to facilitate customer acceptance.
- The post holder is expected to be, or to become a subject matter expert in testing and one or more technical areas.
- Formal Degree or HNC/D in Communications Engineering or related discipline.
- ISTQB Foundation in software testing.
- Proven practical experience of engineering & customer testing in an telecommunications/IT environment.
- Proven practical experience of IP data and voice communications systems and fault diagnostics.
- Experience in management and running of test programmes/activities.
- Experience in software testing of networks, third party equipment and applications
- Knowledge of Public Communication Systems such as TETRA radio system.
Competencies/Capabilities which are key to this role:
- Experience of Motorola DIMETRA Systems
- Expected to communicate at all levels internally and externally with customers and suppliers.
- Aptitude and capability to understand the functionality of the solution under test and associated customer operations to a sufficient level to enable participation in technical discussions/operational evaluation.
- Competence in the use of test equipment and test management tools such as ALM.
- Test planning, scheduling and execution
- Customer and supplier management
Must be willing to travel throughout Great Britain, sometimes at short notice with some overnight says and out-of-hours working.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical
ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their
lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Position TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes