Engineering Technician 1
Technician, Engineering 1
Daikin North America is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Engineering Technician position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Engineering Technician supports the Engineering department and production by creating and maintaining product specifications, bills of material, product change notifications and deviations. Responsible for developing and resolving technical problems in production, engineering, facilities and maintenance as it pertains to operational issues. Assist and support the operation of all equipment and processes within the facility, which includes facilities equipment, production equipment or engineering development / installation / repair of all equipment for production, facilities and maintenance of the plant. The purpose is to ensure equipment and processes are safely and efficiently operating to allow for high quality and on-time delivery of manufactured products.
If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- High School Diploma or GED -
- Prefer vocational training/degree in Mechanical / Electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2- 5 years of experience in production support, maintenance (electrical, mechanical technician or controls focus)
- Understanding and knowledge of manufacturing engineering theory, processes, and practice
- Mechanical aptitude and experience in assembly, fabrication or maintenance
- Knowledge of mechanics, pneumatic and automated and electrical control systems
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and work instructions
- Ability to weld and fabricate parts is preferred
- HVAC knowledge is preferred
- Proficiency in CAD (Solid Works, Solid Edge, AutoCAD)
- Working knowledge with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint – MS Project is preferred
- Project management skills
- Attention to detail, analytical ability, troubleshooting, and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including professional relationship skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills including ability to prioritize
- Strong team player, results orientated, dedication to excellence and sense of urgency to achieve business objectives
- Ability to apply good judgement and strong work ethics and integrity on the job
- Strong knowledge and discipline to maintain a safe work environment and focused on safety as a critical element in all aspects
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and ale to work flexible and demanding schedules
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.