Technical Operator (R-37308)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The range of Technical Operator roles varies between categories and technologies, but generally sits within the Processing, Filling, and Utilities Operations Job Families.
The Technical Operator is responsible for the operation, maintenance, improvement and repair of equipment to support the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale, Innovation and Sustainability (PQSCDMIS)).
The Technical Operator should master the operation of a series of machines/processes in at least two areas of the factory in order to provide factory resilience. Supported by the core skills to work within an autonomous team the Technical Operator will diligently follow the established standards of production delivery and drive continuous improvement.
Technical - Knowledge and application of technical skills to Operate, Maintain, Improve and Repair (OMIR) equipment. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality and on time. Full Technical Operator status is dependent on a high level of mechanical competence as defined by the skills profile.
- Understand the principles of mechanism and motion and be able to conduct changeovers, basic repairs and adjustments (eg Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys). Utilize appropriate lubrication regimes.
- Understanding of principles and application of pneumatics in the sourcing unit; able to conduct fault finding and basic repair.
- Monitor and evaluate the condition of equipment, machinery and components through the use of instrumentation and other diagnostic techniques. Liaises with technicians to eliminate sources of contamination.
Safety - Utilize all appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the Sourcing Unit and allocated equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team. Understand the legal responsibility placed upon individuals.
Workplace Hazards – Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilize all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task.
- Core Engineering Skills – Background in Maintenance, Bench fitting and/or machining to operate at Full Technical Operator Level – minimum of 4 years experience required.
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.
- Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.