Engineer, Production 3 (2022-19818)
Production Engineer 3
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Production Engineer position. This position will be responsible for the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes, fabrication and assembly, cost reduction initiatives, processing of engineering changes, and introduction of new products. Also provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to junior engineers, technicians and operations support staff. Capable of high level strategy and development of project plans, execution of capital projects and significant activities requiring a multi-functional team.
If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website [Register to View] and submitting your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Daikin is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. Goodman's products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 1200 distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.—an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Companies included are [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Quietflex, [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Motili and [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">TMI.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of manufacturing engineering theory, processes, and practice
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following areas - Molding, Finishing, Tooling, Fabrication / Stamping of aluminum and steel, Assembly processes and or Product Engineering support in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of specifications and standards used in the HVAC industry – strongly preferred
- Lean manufacturing concepts - Kaizan, value stream mapping, Kanban, demand flow technology; line balancing & time studies
- Expert on core manufacturing documentation – PFMEAs, PCPs, PFDs, DFA/DFM, and all aspects of manufacturing in a high volume environment and engineering change processes
- Software skills including MS Office Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Mapics
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and compliance oriented and attention to detail
- Effective project management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to deliver the message to any level of the organization – with clarity and preciseness required at each level
- Effective interpersonal & collaboration skills and ability to work with teams
- 8+ years in a production/manufacturing engineer role
- 6+ years of product design in assembly HVAC environment preferred, or automotive, appliance industry
- Bachelor’s Degree - Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Systems Engineering
- Six Sigma certification preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities