2nd shift Construction Trainee (0980AR040)
Are you a motivated individual looking to take the first step toward a rewarding and profitable career? 84 Lumber is immediately dedicated and dependable associates to fill our truss manufacturing teams. No previous experience is required!
The ideal candidate is a quick learner who is team-oriented and ready to step into a fast-paced position that has the potential to lead to a lifelong career.
“Ladder of Opportunity” promotions structure make it easy for motivated candidates to accomplish their own financial, career, and personal goals. We believe in promoting nearly 100% from within the company and look forward to helping you to build your career with 84.
- Measure pre-cut lumber to ensure dimensions are accurate
- Verify truss set-up is accurate
- Tack connector plates in place with hammer
- Operate gantry to press connector plates into position
- Ensure work area is safe, clean, and organized during and after the shift
- Ensure that assembled items meet the established quality specifications
- Assist in training new team members
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Able to read or able to learn to read a set up sheet
- Able to work 9 hours shifts
- Able to read a tape measure and use a hammer
- Able to work and think at a fast-pace
- Able to work, collaborate, and communicate effectively within the team