Corporate OverviewHubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division OverviewHubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Service Area Major Cities: Salinas, Monterey, Morgan Hill
Aclara, a Hubbell company, is looking for self-motivated individuals to join our full-time meter installation team. The Meter Installers are tasked with safely and efficiently replacing gas meters on residential or commercial property on behalf of a local utility.
Compensation & Benefits
- Paid Training
- Starting hourly rate of $28.00
- Company vehicle provided - save money and dispatch from home!
- Company vehicle (and gas) provided for use during working hours and work/home commute.
- Paid holidays, referral bonuses, and benefit eligibility, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching.
- Check existing meter, install replacement meter, and perform final meter test.
- Accurately collect customer data and detail the installations through company-provided handheld device.
- Maintain exceptional standards of safety and quality of work.
- Meet daily installation goals, as established by the Project Manager.
- Earn more when goals are exceeded!
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to commute to various job sites (in Company vehicle), based on project needs.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Ability to interact well with customers and uphold Aclara SGS customer standards.
- Ability to use assigned tools and work within safety guidelines.
- Previous working experience in related fields (utilities, plumbing, electrical, natural gas, telecom, solar, cable or HVAC).
- Previous experience installing or repairing electric, gas, and/or water meters.
- Experience with technology, computers, and various software programs.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment, including, but not limited to: Walking, climbing and stooping for up to 10 hours per day in various types of weather conditions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
|External Position Description|| |
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.