Material Planner (R-38665)
Background & Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the sourcing of raw and packaging materials to support the growth agenda of our business by reviewing material availability for production of finished goods at our Unilever Manufacturing sites. The material planner will own expediting and de-expediting of raw and packaging materials to support the plant production schedule, and customer service while optimizing inventory levels; this will require working with procurement and suppliers to improve vendor reliability and responsiveness as well as ensuring factory alignment. The planner must be able to make decisions that will balance service with cost to ensure that diverse business objectives are met. This position encompasses all categories within the XXX network and engages with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve results.
This position acts as a focal point in managing the MRP process, key step within the E2E Supply Chain Planning pillar. In this role you will be part of a team that has got a winning spirit and a passion for delivering results. The key metrics of this role are 1) Customer Service (Losses driven by material gaps/delays) 2) Waste reduction 3) Materials inventory management.
The main job responsibilities are the following:
- Evaluate material requirements based on system generated MRP and requisition materials accordingly. Expedite and de-expedite raw and package materials to support and maintain a flexible production schedule while communicating with Business Units and supporting delivery of high customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for implementing and adhering the inventory strategy required to support business needs defined by CMRP.
- Monitor raw and package inventory to achieve continuous improvement in inventory optimization and minimize waste for obsoletes and run outs
- Own, monitor, update, and manage master data to allow systems to optimize plans
- Manage invoicing exceptions
- Supporting innovation launches and material set ups to deliver flawless launches
- Interface with Production Managers, Mix Room Supervisors, Procurement, Warehouse, Transportation, Suppliers, Quality, R&D, Supply planners and other Material Planners in other Sites to ensure reliable production schedule.
- Be a “change leader”, implement standard best practices and adopt new tools.
- Apply World Class Manufacturing principals to identify major loss areas and facilitate process improvement.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a born leader:Influencing a group of practitioners to take action and change behaviors even though you do not have direct authority over them
You’re a strategy guru:You will always be on your toes thinking of a Plan B & be ready to execute when needed. You will support functional team improvement efforts in driving minimal inventory positions, optimal component consumption, optimal data feed between systems, and overall improvement in Material Planning KPIs.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: Define and help enforce system best practices. This is done through a combination of gap analysis, audits, community of practice reviews, & escalation to Sr management as necessary.
You’re a teacher: Provide “how to” and onboarding training to material planning. Training will range from developing OPL’s (One point lessons) to providing Instructor-Led class room sessions on system operation.
You’re a changemaker: Identify process or system innovation opportunities with SAP or other materials management software. Work with GPE (Global Plan Excellence) office to define/implement system change requests.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in an analytical discipline preferred (e.g. Supply Chain Management, computer science, math, statistics, economics, engineering, etc.).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in supply chain. At least 2 years in material requirements planning is preferred
- Being able to balance objectives of different teams that are sometimes at tension with each other and influencing a group of practitioners to change behaviors even though you do not have direct authority over them will be critical to success.
- Understanding of data-mining techniques, root cause analysis and statistical methods
- Proficiency in PC based software tools, specially MS Excel. Knowledge of SAP ECC a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter
What We Can Offer You
[Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Culture for Growthopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefitsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Every Voice Mattersopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Global Reachopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Life at Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Careers with Purposeopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">World Class Career Development Programsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Check Out Our Spaceopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Focus On Sustainabilityopens in a new window
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.