Instrumentation Technician - Independence, MO (R-38524)
Background & Purpose of the Job
We are actively seeking an Instrumentation Technician to join our factory in Independence, Missouri. The incumbent will be responsible for installation, calibration, troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical, electrical, and electronic assemblies and systems. Work also includes high speed production monitoring and controls, VFD’s, PLC’s, Motion Systems, Vision Systems and related components. The Incumbent must possess strong critical & analytical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills, strong analog, digital, and mechanical skills, experienced using voltage and current meters, current generators, hand and small power tools. Controls and Automation experience is mandatory.
Overall Benefits & Perks (This is a Union Environment)
Medical, Dental, & Vision plans | 401K Matching | Unilever’s Employee Share Plan | Tuition & Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Monthly Bonus Payouts (up to 20% of your eligible monthly earnings!) | Uniforms and PPE provided (we follow all COVID protocols and guidelines for your protection) | $750 employee referral bonus payments | Safety shoe subsidy, prescription safety glasses discount, etc. | Onsite company store for employees to purchase Unilever products at a discount.
What You'll Do
- Read and interpret P&ID and electrical drawings along with troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems to determine root cause of issue and recommend corrective actions.
- Solid electrical experience working with and troubleshooting 24VDC- 480VAC circuits
- Operates multimeters meters, loop generators, power supplies, service monitors, test fixtures and understands their use and function.
- Installs, sets up and tests equipment to meet specified requirements.
- Calibrates pressure, flow, pH, thermal and other type transmitters.
- Recognizes failures and set-up problems, isolates problems and takes appropriate action to resolve those problems.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High school education or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in electrical and mechanical training, or equivalent technical experience, or military technical training is required.
- Must possess professional, clear verbal and written communication skills.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.