Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) - Chatsworth, CA (888340600)
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
9140 Lurline Ave
Chatsworth, CA 91311
*New Position due to growth*
2nd Shift: 3:45pm - 12:15am
Hubbell Utility Solutions is seeking a Production Supervisor for the Chatsworth, CA facility to be part of a growing, dynamic, and diverse team during a time of transition. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting change. The person selected for this role will have the ability to make recommendations and improvements that will directly impact the site’s processes and procedures.Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the manufacturing activities of the assigned group by providing direction and coaching.
- Ensure team members receive the required training and will prepare the daily work plans in support of overall production goals and objectives.
- Implement and enforce Company safety guidelines in partnership with EHS to ensure employees work in a safe manner consistent with Hubbell policies and procedures.
- Schedule work assignments, vacations, and ensure accurate time reporting for Hourly Employees.
- Ensure proper use of tools, equipment, and materials used within the production department, while maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Resolve team conflict and manage personnel issues that may arise in partnership with Human Resources.
- Identify and/or resolve problems related to production processes and/or flow and work with key stakeholders to follow-thru on resolutions.
- Assess and maintain necessary raw material inventory levels to meet productivity and output targets.
- Take an active role in evaluating team needs, engaging staff, and driving attendance and employee retention.
- Create and promote a positive and inclusive culture built on respect and professionalism.
- High School Diploma
- 3-5 years Supervisory experience.
- Strong results and quality orientation.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a group environment, meet deadlines, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to lead a team in reducing safety risk and creating a safety culture within the assigned group.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).